Map view layer: Snow Profiles
This document describes the functionality of the Snowpack Obs layer of the Map view of the InfoEx report.
The goal of the Snowpack Obs map layer is to provide users with a spatial overview of all the snowpack observations submitted in the time period of the current report and give quick access to the individual snowpack observations.
The snowpack layers map layer shows the point locations of all the avalanche observations included in the current report (Fig. 1).
Snowpack observations are shown at the following locations:
- Snowpack observations that were only associated with a preexisting location from the location catalog are shown at the centre point of this location.
- Snowpack observations that have been given a precise map location (click here for more information) are shown exactly at this location.
|NOTE||Snowpack observations with a precise location are marked with a next to the location name in the observation pop-up window (see below for more details)|
- Click on the Snowpack observations checkbox in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide this layer on the map.
- Click on the icon of an individual snowpack observation to view its complete record in a pop-up window (Fig. 2). The pop-up window contains all of the information that was submitted for the observation including links to any associated attachments.
- Operation overview
- Avalanche observations
- Avalanche hazard
- Snow Profiles
- Field summary
- Weather observations
- Time slider (used for all map layers)
- Additional external information sources
Functionality tested by
- Jan. 2, 2014: Pascal Haegeli