WORKAROUND for being able to access RWIS with Java 7
It is highly recommended not to run these kind of applications, however if you still want to run, run only if you understand risk and implications involved.
As a workaround, the user can use Exception Site list feature to run the applications blocked by security settings. By adding the URL of the blocked application to the Exception Site list allows it to run with some warnings.
Steps to Add URL to the Exception Site list:
- Go to the Java Control Panel (On Windows Click Start and then Configure Java)
- Click on the Security tab
- Click on the Edit Site List button
- Click the Add in the Exception Site List window
- Click in the empty field under Location field to enter the URL
- Click OK to save the URL that you entered.
- Click Continue on the Security Warning dialog