Map view layer: Avalanche hazard
This document describes the functionality of the Avalanche Hazard layer of the Map view of the InfoEx report.
The goal of the Avalanche Hazard map layer is to provide a spatial overview of all the hazard assessments submitted in the time period of the current report.
The weather sites map layer shows the point locations of all the weather observations included in the current report (Fig. 1).
The currently supported weather parameters are (Fig. 2):
|Tmin||Blue label||Lowest minimum temperature recorded at weather sites by this operation during the time period of report.|
|Tmax||Red label||Highest maximum temperature recorded at weather sites by this operation during the time period of report.|
|WX Label||White label||Name and elevation of weather site.|
- Click on the Weather Sites label in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide this layer on the map.
- Click on a weather observation parameter in the layer hierarchy panel to directly zoom the map to the area that has weather observations of the particular type.
- Click on the check box next to the observation parameters in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide the particular observation parameter in the map.
- Operation overview
- Avalanche observations
- Avalanche hazard
- Snow Profiles
- Field summary
- Weather observations
- Time slider (used for all map layers)
- Additional external information sources
Functionality tested by
- Jan. 2, 2014: Pascal Haegeli