Map view layer: Operation overview
This document describes the functionality of the Operation overview layer of the Map view of the InfoEx report.
The goal of the Operation overview map layer is to provide quick access to summarized information from individual Infoex subscribers and context about where the observations in the current report are coming from.
The operation overview map layer shows the operation areas of all of the currently active operations in InfoEx (Fig. 1).
All of the operations are listed under the Operation overview label in the layer hierarchy panel left of the map (Fig. 1).
- Click on the Operation overview checkbox in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide this layer on the map.
- Click on the operation name in the layer hierarchy panel to directly zoom the map to its operation area.
- Click on the check box next to the operation name in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide the outline of its operation area on the map.
- Click on the operation area of an operation on the map to view the operation name.
- Operation overview
- Avalanche observations
- Avalanche hazard
- Snow Profiles
- Field summary
- Weather observations
- Time slider (used for all map layers)
- Additional external information sources
Functionality tested by
- Jan. 2, 2014: Pascal Haegeli