Map view layer: Weather observations
This document describes the functionality of the Weather Obs layer of the Map view of the InfoEx report.
The goal of the Weather Obs map layer is to provide users with a spatial overview of all the weather observations submitted to the InfoEx in the time period of the current report.
The weather obs map layer shows the point locations of all the weather observations included in the current report (Fig. 1).
The temperatures beside the weather obs icon represent (Fig. 2):
|Tmin||Blue label||Minimum temperature recorded at this weather site for this observation.|
|Tmax||Red label||Maximum temperature recorded at this weather site for this observation.|
|WX Label||White label||Name and elevation of weather site.|
- Click on the Weather Sites label in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide this layer on the map.
- Click on a weather observation parameter in the layer hierarchy panel to directly zoom the map to the area that has weather observations of the particular type.
- Click on the check box next to the observation parameters in the layer hierarchy panel to show/hide the particular observation parameter in the map.
- Operation overview
- Avalanche observations
- Avalanche hazard
- Snow Profiles
- Field summary
- Weather observations
- Time slider (used for all map layers)
- Additional external information sources
Functionality tested by
- Jan. 2, 2014: Pascal Haegeli