Deleting an existing operation PWL
This document describes how to delete or at least hide an Operation PWL.
InfoEx requires PWLs to be explicitly defined. Operation PWLs are defined by an operation and represents local PWLs in the snowpack. This allows PWLs to be tracked and offers opportunities for advanced queries.
Operation PWLs are managed by operations, which have full control over the characteristics of these PWLs.
Operation PWLs can be deleted in two different ways:
- Permanently deleting an Operation PWL (online only): This can only be done with Operation PWLs that do not have any assessments or observations associated with them.
- Setting the status of an Operation PWL as inactive in the Snowpack workflow module (offline and online)
|ISSUE||It is currently not possible to delete an Operation PWL that has associated assessments and/or observations without the use of the Snowpack workflow module.
JIRA: -393 (Dec. 9, 2013)
Permanently deleting an Operation PWL (online only)
|1.||Click on the PWL menu and select 'Operation PWL' (Fig. 1). This will get you to a page that lists of all of the Operation PWLs that have been created by your operation. In addition to the general characteristics of the PWLs, the list also offers an overview of the number of associated observations and assessments.|
|2.||Highlight the Operation PWL you would like to edit by clicking on it in the list. The row of the selected PWL will be highlighted.|
|3.||Click on the button beneath the 'Operation PWL' title to permanently delete the Operation PWL.
|4.||Click on Yes in the confirmation dialog to confirm that you want to permanently delete the Operation PWL.|
Setting the status of an Operation PWL as inactive in the Snowpack workflow module (offline and online)
|1.||In the snowpack module of one of your workflows (Fig. 3), click on the grey bar of the Operation PWL that you would like to hide in your dropdown lists. This will open the assessment section for the particular Operation PWL.|
|2.||Set the status of the particular Operation PWL to 'inactive'. From now on the particular Operation PWL will be hidden from dropdown lists and the next time you execute a workflow it will also not be shown in the PWL section of the snowpack module.
Click here for more information on the functionality of the Snowpack workflow module.
- Creating a new operation PWL
- Modifying the baseline information of an existing operation PWL
- Deleting an existing operation PWL
- Creating a new community PWL
- Modifying the information for an existing community PWL
- Deleting an existing community PWL
Functionality tested by
- Jan. 2, 2014: Pascal Haegeli